Family Favorite Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
Our girls have recently picked up a love for baking, with shows like “Sugar Rush” and “Nailed It” on Netflix, we have full-on pastry chefs on our hands! This Snickerdoodle recipe has been passed down Diana’s family from generation to generation! They’re best fresh out of the oven, so have your coffee brewed and get ready to enjoy these sweet treats!
Preparation time: 15 minutes total
Cooking time: 8-10 minutes
Makes 36 Cookies
1 Cup soft shortening
2 Cups sugar
2 Eggs at room temperature
2 3/4 cups sifted flour
2 Teaspoons cream of tarter
1 Teaspoon baking soda
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1/2 Cup Cinnamon
1. Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix together the shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar and 2 eggs
3. In a separate large bowl mix together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt
4. Slowly combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Optional: chill dough for one hour before rolling into balls
5. In a separate small bowl mix together 1/2 cup of sugar and a 1/2 cup of cinnamon
6. Roll dough into 1 1/2-inch balls and submerge them into the small bowl mixture of cinnamon and sugar
7. Placed cookie dough balls on an ungreased cookie sheet
8. Bake until lightly brown, but still soft
9. Remove to a cooling rack and let cool for 4-5 minutes
If you want to replicate the fresh out of the oven flavor, place your cookies on a microwave safe dish and heat in the microwave for 8 seconds. Enjoy!